Updated 7.13.2020 *Be sure to check back often as we will be updating and reassessing as the COVID-19 situation changes.
Outdoor Worship Policies:
- Contemporary @ 5 pm Saturday (In person & outside)
- Traditional @ 9 am Sunday (in Person & online)
- Contemporary @ 11 am Sunday (in Person & online)
Outdoor Worship Policies:
- It's in the Gathering Garden. (A beautiful, flowery area behind church that gives new meaning to #GatherToTheGarden).
- It's Weather Permitting. (If it rains, worship is inside.)
- Bring your own chairs or a picnic blanket. (There is extra seating available if you don't have anything.
- Bring a snack/meal if you'd like (but please, do not share).
- Practice Social Distancing as you seat yourselves. Our welcome team will help arrange you.
- Bring Your Mask. Like restaurants, we will require it as you move around; but you may remove it at your seat as you eat.
- Disinfect spraying down of community seating. If you brought your own, spray down as you wish.
- Seating will be 6 feet apart (every other pew)
- In-Person Worship limited to a maximum of 44 people (or 22 three-foot spaces)
- In-Person Worshipers need to register online prior to attending in person (Register Here)
- 65+ are encouraged to Worship Online per CDC Guidelines
- Those with COVID-19 test results pending are encouraged to Worship Online
- Temperature taken at the door. Needs to be under 100.0 to get into building
- If you are sick or have temperature, please worship Online
- Singular flow into and out of building
- Face covering required for attendees (Cloth & disposable masks available at door)
- Offering plate available, but not passed
- All worship directions conveyed by PowerPoint
- Online Connection Cards only
- Hymnals & Bibles unavailable
- Water fountains, coffee, and refreshments unavailable
- Cleaning/disinfecting hard surfaces and touch areas after each service
- After 11 am service, CI02 (approved CDC disinfectant) misted over the entire sanctuary
- No LIVE Musicians; recorded videos instead
- Growth Group Studies done in person or ZOOM
- Communion available by appointment
Ways God Keeps Us Safe
God is in control. Psalm 46:10 | "Be still, and know that I am God."
God loves us and promises to help us. Isaiah 41:10 | "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
God promises there will be trouble in the world, and he promises to be with us through it. Isaiah 43:1-3 | "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
God promises to use all things for our good. Romans 8:28 | "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
God cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 | "Cast all your anxiety on [God] because he cares for you."
God wants to use us to reflect his love to others. Matthew 5:14,16 | "You are the light of the world... let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and praise their Father in heaven."
Two great resources for you:
Praying through a Pandemic (from our sister church, Illumine, Seattle)
Coronavirus: Coming out of the Crowd (a fantastic devotional blog written by Jonathan Bourman of Peace Lutheran in Aiken)
May God bless all of you with health, strength, and productivity this week, as you work to share his love with a world that needs it now more than ever.
Pastor Phil & Gethsemane's Leadership