Updated 11/7/2020 *Be sure to check back often as we will be updating and reassessing as the COVID-19 situation changes.
In-Person Worship Policies:
- Contemporary @ 5 pm Saturday in person
- Traditional @ 9 am Sunday in person & online
- Contemporary @ 11 am Sunday in person & online
In-Person Worship Policies:
- Seating will be 6 feet apart (every other pew)
- In-Person Worship limited to a maximum of 44 people (or 22 three-foot spaces)
- In-Person Worshipers need to register online prior to attending in person (Register Here)
- 65+ are encouraged to Worship Online per CDC Guidelines
- Those with COVID-19 test results Worship Online
- Temperature taken at the door. Needs to be under 100.0 to get into building
- If you are sick or have temperature, please worship Online
- Singular flow into and out of building
- Face covering required for attendees while in building (Cloth & disposable masks available at door)
- Offering plate available, but not passed
- All worship directions conveyed by PowerPoint
- INdividually wrapped snacks available after worship for consumption in the Outdoor Garden area
- Online Connection Cards only
- Hymnals & Bibles unavailable
- Water fountains unavailable
- Cleaning/disinfecting hard surfaces and touch areas after each service
- After 11 am service, CI02 (approved CDC disinfectant) misted over the entire sanctuary
- Communion available following each service or by appointment
Ways God Keeps Us Safe
God is in control. Psalm 46:10 | "Be still, and know that I am God."
God loves us and promises to help us. Isaiah 41:10 | "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
God promises there will be trouble in the world, and he promises to be with us through it. Isaiah 43:1-3 | "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
God promises to use all things for our good. Romans 8:28 | "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
God cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 | "Cast all your anxiety on [God] because he cares for you."
God wants to use us to reflect his love to others. Matthew 5:14,16 | "You are the light of the world... let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and praise their Father in heaven."
Two great resources for you:
Praying through a Pandemic (from our sister church, Illumine, Seattle)
Coronavirus: Coming out of the Crowd (a fantastic devotional blog written by Jonathan Bourman of Peace Lutheran in Aiken)
May God bless all of you with health, strength, and productivity this week, as you work to share his love with a world that needs it now more than ever.
Pastor Phil & Gethsemane's Leadership